If you're looking for information regarding vacation clubs in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit, Adeprotur brings you answers to some frequently asked questions. If you do not find your question answered here, please to not hesitate to contact us for more support.
It is the professional Association of Timeshare Developers and Travel Promoters which regulates the professionalism of our collaborators in the Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit region, while promoting and encouraging ethics, service and innovation within the timeshare industry.
The short-term goal is to support all vacation clubs in Vallarta • Nayarit in adhering to the highest standards of professionalism through high standards of service, employee certifications, and professional and government associations at the local, state and national level.
There are currently 24 developments in Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit which are members of Adeprotur; however, our membership continues to grow as we increase the standards and service within our industry.
In addition to quality networking with partners, joining Adeprotur provides the following benefits:
• Review of laws and regulations
• Relationships with authorities and private-public initiatives
• Control and protection
• Recreation and Special Events
Contrary to popular opinion, timeshares are not a scam. Rather, it is a way of ensuring a price freeze for your vacations in the coming years. This type of service usually works with memberships and regulations that must be clearly and contractually outlined. However, its "bad reputation" is due to misleading advertising and aggressive marketing techniques that have been resorted to by many providers.
• Presenting timeshare purchase as an investment or a property right.
• Making you believe that you are participating in or winning contests, giveaways and prizes.
• Presentations at luxury hotels (which are usually not included in the service) in exchange for breakfast, excursions or "free" services.
• Brochures that falsify the quality of accommodation, the total prices or terms and conditions of service and cancellation forms.
Before signing the contract, please make sure you have the answers to the following questions:
• What is the total price of the service?
• Are there any additional fees or restrictions for foreigners?
• Should there be financing, how much is the CAT?
• How many times a year I can use it?
• What services will be provided in each development?
• Is the occupation period fixed or variable?
• Do I need to book? How far in advance?
• Do I have the right to rent it, sell it, trade it or donate it?- What are the available destinations and in which countries?
• Are there any other additional fees or restrictions?
• How many days are allowed in which to cancel the service after signing the contract?
Please review our list of affiliated resorts or look for certification on the sales floor of the development to authenticate it as a member of our association.
We are working to implement a continuous improvement in the timeshare industry and although we cannot take direct action, we can communicate with the appropriate entity depending on your need or experience. Please contact us to receive information and advice on how to proceed.